Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Short note from Gympie

Hello out there!

This is a note from an internet cafe in Gympie, about 60km North of Noosa, on my first day on the road!

The day began tough. The sky was in different segments of gloom and spitting down cold splotches. I had to say goodbye to my parents, brother and niece at the caravan park. The first stretch of road had a killer hill with a sign warning about the steepness. On this hilly road with no safe shoulder, I had to get off to walk the bike and wondered if a single-speed was crazy.

Once I entered the main pipeline of traffic going North on the Bruce Highway, however, the excitement of beginning a journey quashed the inclemency of the cold drizzle. What is more, a tailwind began to help my mighty galleon, the superbike, to float over the hills. Happily, I think the single-speed will not be defunct on a sealed road with hills, so far.

Gympie now has an Aldi clearly visible from the highway which is great for a tourer on a budget.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing it the right way - travelling up north at this time of year. Stupid idiots travelling down south get what they deserve! http://mareebiketouroz.blogspot.com/2010/07/starting-to-thaw-out-now.html

    ReplyDelete