Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Alice Springs!!!

There was a frost in Gem Tree overnight but I still managed to get up and ride with the cold air biting hard on my bare hands.

It was good riding initially, but then a headwind came up again. Some of the cars, all the same model of working car, were also very menacing on the one lane sealed road. They did not slow down and two of them drove at full speed to within a foot of me. I could sense I was getting closer to a city, after the kindness of the motorists out in the bush.

I reached the Stuart Highway, the main road between Alice Springs, and began a more or less Southerly path to the city. The road was slightly climbing until about 20 kilometres to go when a spectacular descent into the city takes place.

Having a break in Alice Springs today after 12 days straight of riding, staying at a great caravan park (the cheapest one too).

No comments:

Post a Comment