Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Stuarts Well to Erldunda Roadhouse

The road for most of the way is very hilly with great landscapes.

Many of the motorists coming the other way give me a wave. At a rest area I was offered food by two groups, one a family with four bikes (nice steel frames) attached to the back of the caravan, the other was two Dutch girls in a van who gave me a green apple.

At Erldunda I had some good yarns. The first was with a tour bus driver who was very nice but claimed adamantly and repeatedly that I would not be able to do the Great Central Road in less than three weeks (1000kms). His basis was that he was a driver for an international race on the same route that took 3 weeks, and they were 'international riders'. Nothing could inspire me more.

The other good yarn was with a bloke who was interested in doing something similar one day. He was part of a team of two couples heading to Docker River to visit a sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment